The 60 Days in Paradise Island Connoisseur top 10 has been revealed! Sadly, I’m not one of them, but there are 10 fantastic finalists who are looking for your votes to win this incredible opportunity. It’s up to YOU Canada! Check out their videos and cast your vote for who you’d like to see in Tobago!
For those of you who haven’t heard about this incredible opportunity, Tobago is looking to bring someone to their beautiful island for #60Days this summer to tell Canada (and the world) all about an adventure of a lifetime! I won’t go into too much detail here (because this is actually my application for the position), but for more information (and to submit your own application), check out the #60Days in Paradise website. Keep your clicking finger ready, because I will be asking for your vote very soon to help me get the job!
I’m Tobago’s Island Connoisseur!
I’m a traveler, photographer, blogger and emerging social media pro from Duncan, B.C. I am an adventurer with a passion for photography, beautiful places, the sun and sharing my experiences online.
Part of being a travel connoisseur is representing where you’re from as well as the place you are at. In my experience, the world LOVES Canadians, and I am an EXCELLENT representative as I have attended three (count ’em, 1, 2, 3) Olympic Games cheering for Canada and showing the world our awesomeness! Bringing that energy to Tobago would be incredible!
Last fall I left the cubicle behind for life as a digital nomad. Now I live my dream as a traveler, photographer and social media maven. The Island Connoisseur adventure is calling to me and I KNOW I have what it takes!!
What Does It Take?
- YOU LOVE THE WATER…
I’m a PADI certified diver with Advanced Open Water certification, plus enriched air and photographer specialty certifications.
- YOU LIVE FOR ADVENTURE, ABOVE LAND AND UNDER…
I have dived in Bali, Belize (including the Great Blue Hole!), and did a live-aboard diving adventure in Thailand. I’ve zip-lined through the jungles of Thailand and Costa Rica, hiked waterfalls barefoot in Bali and Costa Rica, released baby turtles in Costa Rica, and have traveled solo in Bali, Thailand, Europe, Morocco, Costa Rica and Russia. I love the thrill and adventure of going to new places and trying new things!
- …BUT ALSO LIKE TO CHILL…
Between adventures I also enjoy some downtime. I am a sun-baby and love relaxing on the beach, floating on sailboats, playing a round of golf or sunbathing with a book by a pool.
- YOU LOVE TO CAPTURE, WRITE ABOUT, SHARE, AND EAT GOOD FOOD…
Photography is a passion and sharing my experiences and adventures via my blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (among others) is a bit of an addiction. You will rarely (ok, ok, NEVER) find me without my iPhone or camera while adventuring. I LOVE food so much that I seek out cooking classes when I visit new places to learn about and how to prepare their delicious foods.
- YOU’RE SOCIAL, BOTH ONLINE AND OFFLINE…
Traveling has allowed me to meet countless wonderful people! I love getting to know the locals as well as other travelers to hear about their adventures, and my social media notifications are always on so that I never miss a message or question from a follower.
Other Travel Adventures
- Participated in a giant water-fight at the Songkran Festival in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Stayed in the Ice Hotel in Quebec City
- Watched a 60-year-old turtle lay her eggs at Playa Ostinal, Costa Rica
- Fed monkeys in the Monkey Forest in Ubud, Bali
- Played with elephants in the river at Thailand’s Elephant Nature Park
- Cooking classes in Bali and Thailand (SO delicious!)
- Blessed by a holy man at the island of Tanah Lot, Bali (unbelievable!)
- Drank the Sour Toe Cocktail in Whitehorse, Yukon (yes, I kissed the toe!)
Work Related Accomplishments
- Set up a successful Kickstarter campaign and raised over $7200 in 25 days to get me to Sochi, Russia for the Olympic Spirit Project. The project was featured on CBC’s Road to the Olympics as well as other local newspapers and I shared the experience online with Canada and the world!
- Had corporate photography clients like: Homes & Living Magazine, Estee Lauder, ING Direct, Molson Coors, Shawnigan Lake School, Villa Kembang Kertas, and Access Sport
- Had photos published in Homes & Living Magazine
- Photographed the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games with official media accreditation – one of the most incredible photographic experiences of my life!
- Blogged for the Canada.com, VancouverAccess2010, and SochiAccess2014
- Senior Reviewer on Trip Advisor
So I do all that stuff, and I then share it here:
MariskaRichters.com – http://www.mariskarichters.com/
Facebook – http://facebook.com/mariskarichtersphotography
Twitter – http://twitter.com/mariskar
Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/mariskar
Google+ – https://plus.google.com/+MariskaRichters
Tumblr – http://mariskar.tumblr.com
Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariskar
Youtube – http://www.youtube.com/mariskarichters
Vine – https://vine.co/mariskar
FourSquare – http://www.foursquare.com/mariskar
Pinterest – http://www.pinterest.com/mariskar/
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariskarichters
But don’t take my word for it, check out the photos!
But before you do that….
To the #60Days in Paradise decision makers: I send you my gratitude for considering me for this incredible opportunity! I feel like my life has prepared me for this adventure and I know I will impress you with my awesomeness!
And to my (future) voters and followers: I’m so incredibly grateful for your support and for taking the time to share, comment, and complete the voting process! People are awesome and YOU are the ones who will help make this my reality!
Do you think I have what it takes to be the Island Connoisseur? I’d love you to share your recommendation in the comments below.
Please COMMENT and SHARE to help me make the TOP 10!tweet