Me and my sweet tooth LOVE pancakes! But gluten is a problem for me, so I found this flourless banana pancake recipe and I’m OBSESSED!
They are super easy to make with only 3 ingredients, and they have a serving of protein, carbs and fruit to help you get your day started right!
Recipe Details: Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 5-8 minutes
- 1½ large bananas, ripe to overripe (200g; 7 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Maple syrup, butter, or fruit of choice, to serve
Directions to make your gluten free protein pancakes:
- In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs and add in baking powder. Whisk or beat with a fork to combine.
- In another bowl add in 1½ large bananas. Lightly mash with a fork or potato masher, but not too much. There should be chunks of bananas to make fluffy pancakes. And use only ripe bananas.
- Pour egg mixture into mashed bananas and stir to combine.
- Heat a frying pan to medium high heat and add a bit of butter or oil so the pancakes won’t stick.
- 2 tablespoons of batter is enough for each mini pancake.
- When the baking powder is activated, flip it over and cook for about one minute more.
- Serve immediately, when hot, and add maple syrup and your fruit of choice for added deliciousness!