It’s full on summer here in the Cowichan Valley, and that means that it’s time to pour some refreshing summertime cocktails! So today I’ll be sharing with you how to make a Snake Bite.
Snake Bite Ingredients:
(makes 2 drinks)
- Light Beer (preferably a lager)
- Apple Cider (my go-to is Strongbow)
- Fresh lime slices
- Ice (optional
- You will also need 2 pint glasses
A Snake Bite is ridiculously easy to make: Half beer, half cider, done!
I got a bit adventurous with my ingredients today and went with a local summer ale from the Vancouver Island Brewery in Victoria, Canada, the Beachcomber Summer Ale. And for the cider today, I went with Fat Chance Cider from Vancouver, Canada.
How To Make A Snake Bite:
- Pour half a beer into each pint glass
- Top off each glass with cider
- Garnish each glass with a lime slice
- Add a few ice cubes if it’s super hot out (optional)
BOOM! You’ve got yourself a Snake Bite!
Now plant your bum in a sunny spot and ENJOY! (Don’t forget to lube up with sunscreen!)
What are some of your favourite sunny summertime cocktails? Please share in the comments.