Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/frphotog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about this apple crisp recipe when I first read about it – mostly because there is no butter or no sugar in it. But I thought, “Hey! I have a TON of apples from my parents trees, so I may as well give it a shot.” Well let me tell you, I am pleasantly surprised by what I pulled out of the oven last night! So here, as promised, is the recipe. (Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for a bonus Shakeology recipe.)
Apple Crisp (21 Day Fix Approved)
Prep Time: 28 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes (approx.)
Serving Size: 1 cup
- Your favourite apples (enough to make 4 cups, peeled and sliced)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 finely chopped (or crushed up) pecans and/or walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- Peel and slice up 4 cups of apples.
(I had a leftover peach that needed to be used up, so those are the orange bits you see in the photo below.)
- In a medium baking dish; combine the apples with 2 tbsp maple syrup and 1/2 tsp cinnamon and mix well.
- In a bowl, combine oats, nuts, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and mix well.
- Top the apple mixture with the oat mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Clean up. There’s not a whole lot of mess…
Enjoy your fresh, delicious, 21 Day Fix approved apple crisp with a cup of tea or coffee! (In the photo: Earl Grey de la Creme black tea from Steeped Tea With Jenn)
Bonus Vanilla Shake Recipe
This morning, as I was making my fiancé’s vanilla shake, I wondered how good it might be with some of the apple crisp blended into it.
Um, Hello Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream!
Apple Pie Shakeology Recipe:
- 1/2 cup apple crisp
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop Vanilla Shake Powder
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- Ice (optional)