When was the last time you said YES to something new? When was the last time you said NO and regretted it? These two little words have the power to change your life!
Life changing opportunities come in all shapes and sizes and usually show up when you least expect it. It could be something as simple as accepting an invitation from a stranger to go for coffee, or it could be more complex like taking on a new health and fitness challenge. Either way, you never know where an opportunity may lead. That cup of coffee may turn into a life-long friendship or even the love of your life, and that new fitness challenge may turn out to be the best thing you’ve ever done for yourself. Like Forrest Gump’s mama used to say, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”
New things used to scare me. I used to think that routine was what I needed to live a comfortable life. Then several years ago my life went through a drastic change (heartbreak can do that), and I learned how VERY wrong I was! While building myself and my life back up, I made a promise to myself that I would say YES! when opportunities came knocking. It was uncomfortable at first, but through this commitment to get out of my comfort zone, I’ve discovered so much about myself and about the life that is possible for me!
YES’es That Have Changed My Life:
- Applying for a media pass at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics – This is where my Olympic passion was born!
- A one-day (leave at 7am, return at midnight) media trip to the Yukon!
- Spending a night in an Ice Hotel in -30 celsius in Quebec (Brrrr! but awesome!)
- An invitation to spend a month in Bali in a gorgeous luxury villa (No-brainer, right? But I would never have dared to travel alone before!)
- Two months of travel in Thailand and Bali, including some of the best scuba diving I’ve ever done!
- A diving trip to the Great Blue Hole in Belize!
- An invitation to join friends at the London 2012 Olympic Games!
- Traveling to Costa Rica (alone) and spending a month learning Spanish, working out on the beach, releasing baby turtles into the ocean and exploring this incredibly beautiful country!
- Running a crowdfunding campaign to fund the Olympic Spirit Project at the Sochi 2014 Olympics – I succeeded in raising more than my goal, traveled to Russia (solo) and had a once in a lifetime experience.
- Buying a cyclocross bike and taking a 6-week road riding clinic! – Who knew riding would give me such a sense of freedom?! (Well… lots of people know this, but I would never have, if I hadn’t said yes!) — Mountain biking is next!
- Co-founding and building a road and mountain bike coaching business – The Cycling Co. (Good thing I bought that bike!)
- Taking on a fitness challenge to kick my health and fitness habits into shape! – I’ve lost more than 20lbs and I feel like a million bucks!
- An invitation to a team of incredible women in an online health and wellness company so I can help others achieve their health and lifestyle goals too! (This opportunity is available to ANYONE, by the way, so if you are inspired to help people reach their personal health and wellness goals and you want to learn more, contact me!)
- And the most recent yes: I GOT ENGAGED last weekend to a kind, caring, generous, strong, amazing man! We are gonna ROCK the marriage thing! 😉
“Yes!” will change your life!
Life is too short to pass up new opportunities. What’s the worst thing that can happen? Maybe you won’t like it? Maybe you won’t have fun? Maybe you won’t be successful? But…
WHAT IF you LOVE it??? And…
WHAT IF you achieve MAD SUCCESS??? And…
WHAT IF you EXCEED your goals and expectations???
You will never know unless you get out of your comfort zone, take that first step and say, “YES!”
YES. It’s a powerful little word. “Yes!” will change your life!