After sharing my favourite poem with you the other day, I’m inspired to share some of the lessons the universe has provided me with through my years.
We all learn lessons in life as we experience new things and meet new people. Some experiences are positive, some not so much, but each one has a lesson built into it that you will carry with you to the next experience. This is how we grow.
Below are some of the life lessons I’ve learned the hard way in life. I can apply them to almost any new situation or person I meet. Remembering them helps me to live an honest, clean and positive life.[Tweet “The #Universe Provides What the Soul Needs – 14 #LifeLessons to Remember Everyday #LiveALifeYouLove”]
- People are who they are at their core. Some people will never change, regardless of the number of chances they are given.
- Never abandon your values and friendships for another. A true friend accepts and respects both.
- Always be kind. Kindness builds and preserves character.
- Forgive quickly. Holding grudges only hurts you, while the other person moves forward completely unaware of the pain you carry. Let it go.
- Leave the past where it belongs: In. The. Past. Move forward, don’t carry it with you and leave any grudges behind.
- Don’t waste time with people who treat you poorly. Spend it with those who those who value your presence in their life and treat you the way you want and deserve to be treated.
- A true friend will stand up for your friendship. If they need to hide it, or if you are disposable, they were never a true friend.
- If something works, it works. If it doesn’t, timing will not change that.
- Listen to your friends and family; they have your best interests at heart. When they warn you that something or someone isn’t good for you, trust that their outside perspective is a lot clearer than your blinded one.
- Never let others’ negativity or mean streaks rub off on you. Spreading negativity only spawns more negativity, and life is too short to to be mean.
- Take no interest in gossip; it is usually either a sign of envy or a delusion of grandeur. Both are negative emotions.
- Trust your intuition. It tends to know things that your mind will take more time to learn.
- Be careful of the bridges and friendships you burn. Although apologies go a long way, some friendships will be irreparable and you can only be forgiven so many times.
- Have no regrets. Everything happens for a reason and there is a lesson in everything. Know that you are learning and growing as a human being.
It’s tough sometimes to stay positive or to stay away from things or people that you know in your heart are not good for you.
Not long ago a friend asked me, “Why are we attracted to people who are not good for us?”
My response was, “Because we have visions of them being better people.”
That’s not to say that they are in any way bad people, but just that they are bad for us. We tend to think that we can change people for the better, but in the end they are who they are and nothing will change that. When this happens, we need to either accept them completely as they are, or move on and leave them behind to preserve our own wellbeing.
Life is too short to be anything but happy. Learn from your experiences and don’t regret a single one. The universe provides what the soul needs to grow.